- Gujarat State Co-operative Cotton Federation Ltd (GUJCOT) has been undertaking developmental programmes/extension activities to supplement the efforts of Govts. to increase the production and productivity of cotton and improving its quality and reduce the cost of cotton cultivation which is ultimately in the interest of increasing the overall income of cotton growers.
- These developmental activities of Federation include:
Production of certified seeds,
- Distribution of inputs viz. fertilizers
- Village adoption programme
- Crop surveillance and scouting
- Organizing training and seminars
- Integrated Pest Management
- Coverage of Non-traditional areas for cotton in State
- Support to Research Projects and programmes
- Developing the production of organic cotton
- Low cost transfer of technology from lab to field
- Setting-up Agri business centers which covers market information.
- GUJCOT aims to provide quality inputs and advisory services to the farmers to get low cost of production by using technology. With the right and timely advice, farmers are able to raise the cotton productivity. This results in getting better realization to the farmers of their produces and also eliminating middle agencies.